Beijing attractions by days
Day 1 highlights
- Tiananmen Square (0.5 hour recommended time for a visit)
- Forbidden City (4-5 hours)
- National Museum of China (2-3 hours)
- Jingshan Park (1 hour)
Total time for a sightseeing without pauses: 7.5-9.5 hours
Visit Beijing Day 1 for more details.
Day 2 highlights
- The Great Wall of China (2-6 hours recommended time for a visit depending on section)
- Ming Tombs (1-2 hours)
- Olympic sites (0.5 hour)
Visit Beijing Day 2 for more details.
Day 3 highlights
- Temple of Heaven (2-3 hours recommended time for a visit)
- Hutongs – Nanluogu Xiang Hutong (1 hour)
- Lama Temple (1 hour)
- Beijing Opera (1,5 hours)
Total time for a sightseeing without pauses and travel time: 5.5-6.5 hours
Visit Beijing Day 3 for more details.
Day 4 highlights
Total time for a sightseeing without pauses and travel time: 5-7 hours
Visit Beijing Day 4 for more details.
If you have only…
If you don’t have full four days for Beijing, check out If you have only… page for our sightseeing suggestions for less than four days.